A Note from Carrie... Life with Boys!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Pray for "Change"

I have been thinking a lot about President-elect Barack Obama. The inauguration will be stating in just a few hours and I have been debating on whether or not to watch it. I keep wondering what this man is going to do with his position. Some people are very excited about today because of the historical significance of having the first Black President. Others are morning on this day because of many of the positions that Barack Obama stands are not godly. Others don't agree with him, but also don't think that it is the governments job to control moral issues. Many love this man and many others call him an antichrist. It amazes me how controversial this man is in all American minds.

So where do I stand? I really do not like many of his positions. Some of them really make me sick to my stomach. Especially his stand on abortion and gay marriage. I am against both of these. I also am concerned about what he may do with homeschooling. Many believe it may be hard to home school with this president.

Yes, this is a historical moment. The first Black President. This will be something everyone will remember and it will be highlighted in history books to come.

I did not vote for this man. I did not want him to be our President because of the many ungodly stands that he does take. However, I am not surprised. America is full of ungodliness. Most Americans are not Christians.

I am not morning today or wearing all black for the purpose of being against our new President. He has been given this position by America. I need to respect him as the President.

I am going to watch the inauguration today. I also am going to be praying for our President. As Christians, we need to be praying for this man and his family every day. Yes, many of his ways are ungodly, but can you expect him to follow Gods ways if he is not his child? We need to pray for his salvation. God is way bigger than this man will ever be. He can change him and give him a clean heart to serve God.

Christians are the ones that have failed. If we have been praying and witnessing like God commands us to, this man may have been a Christian to start with or he may have not have been elected if there were more Christians in America to stand against sin. However, God is in control. He will use this to glorify him. Maybe it will help Christians to open their eyes and start doing what God has us to do. Maybe it will bring us to our knees in prayer. Maybe God will save President-elect Barack Obama and help him to live for him and input godly ways in America or at least take out the wicked ways. There are so many ways I see God using this.

One thing that I do agree with is the need for "Change". Lets be praying for President Barack Obama to have a changed heart and a Heavenly Father. We also need to be praying for American hearts to be changed by our Heavenly Father.

1 comment:

Martie said...

Here is a must read prayer for the President. http://www.albertmohler.com/blog_read.php?id=3113