A Note from Carrie... Life with Boys!

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Bill and Josiah Brains at Work!


Our Classroom!

Sometimes I question myself on whether I am really cut out to home school. Today was one of those days. Titus was crying and I had a headache so it made it really hard to keep my patience. So I was just thinking how am I going to do this for many more years with more children If I have many days like today???
Well, as you read this I'm sure you can see my selfishness coming out. God has giving me my children as a gift and they are a blessing to me. Today was just a day that I saw God bring out MY sin. God has blessed me with the opportunity to teach my children what he wants me to teach them. The main reason I choose to home school is because God has given them to my husband and I. He instructed us, in his word, to train them up. I don't believe that any teacher would train them up the way that my husband and I would.
I know God is going to show my sins to me. I've heard over and over from other mothers that God uses children to show them their sin. Wow... and I thought we were suppose to train them up. God really dose use our children to make sin clear in our life. Patience or lack there of, anger, selfishness, and so many more have become clearer to me since I have had children.
I am learning to die to myself and live for God. I can see God clearly doing this in my life and convicting me of these sins. I know God is teaching me and molding me into what he wants me to be. How awesome is it that he is using my children to do this! OK... now that I am encouraged and repenting of my sinfulness today I would like to give you an update on school. It is so rewarding to see them learning!!! I would tell you but I think pictures will do so much more!


Josiah and Bill with their I's and U's
Posing with my Letters!




1 comment:

Missy said...

Oh my goodness Carrie!! Your boys are getting so big!! And look at Josiah's face... so happy to learn and do his school work. These pictures are wonderful... Keep on keepin' on Carie!! :)