We closed on our house and got the keys on June 18th. It was a very exciting day! Bill and I picked up some lunch and came to our house to enjoy it. Then we spent time in prayer. We prayed for things to happen while we live in this house that made me cry just thinking of the excitement of it. We have always been very excited when one of our children were born. Holding a brand new life is watching a miracle happen! I have never felt any thing like it. We have yet to watch any of our children come to a spiritual birth. To see their lives truly change because of the grace of God changing their heart and making them alive in him. As I prayed for each of them, I could not help but to cry out and beg God for this to happen in them.
We also prayed for God to allow us to use this house in any way he wants us to. I once heard that your home should be the closest place to heaven while here on earth. It should be a place where a family can openly worship, love, serve, and learn about God. It should not be a place of fear, anger, and worldly "joy". This is truly my prayer for our home. I pray that we can be obedient servants to God and teach our children Gods ways through his Word.
After our precious time in prayer with God we went and bought a van. Our old one had very high miles and lots of work that needed done. We went up a size to a 12 passenger. Any one with 4 children that are all in car or booster seats understands why. It may not be the most sporty vehicle but it fits a lot of sporty boys ;)
One other big thing that has happened is that we learned that we are expecting our 5th child!!! I have a doctors appointment next week to hopefully find out when we should be expecting this little one! Although I was surprised, I feel so blessed and I am excited and can't wait to hold another new life in my arms! Our God is an awesome God!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment