So I took Titus to the Doctor today and he got his 12 month shots. He was concerned the whole time he was there. He cried for everything. Getting weighed, measured, and over all checked out. I couldn't even notice when he received his shots because he was already crying at the top of his lungs. I felt so bad for my little baby. He knows when someones going to mess with him.
So I told the doctor everything out of the normal that I was concerned with. The doctor really didn't think anything needed to be done about the itchy skin, the bad diaper rash, and a cluster of white spots on his nose (Doctor called it blocked pores that would be there a while).
So then I asked about Titus allergies. I have been trying to ween him on to milk. I noticed he continued getting a similar rash with welts on i
t. So I started paying more attention to what foods he had when he got this rash. My conclusion... milk, eggs, cheeses, and ice cream all gave him a rash. He only ate drops of some of these food before I would notice the rash. The day he had cheeses, he rubbed his eye and got a rash all around his eye and his eyeball was also red. So I told this all to the Doctor and brought pictures of Titus when he had the rash. Doctor wasn't to concerned about it. I was like well what should I feed him? Can I get him an allergy test? Do you have any more info on this? I never knew anyone with this kind of allergy, so I have been a little worried about what these foods might be doing to him on the inside when they give him this major rash on his skin. The Doctor told me to try soy milk and not to give him any foods that have milk and eggs in them. He gave me some soy formula to take home and try it.
As far as the allergy test... he said there was no reason to get one right now. They don't give skin grafts to babies until they are 2. They could give him a blood test, but that would only determine that he is allergic and we already know that he is. It would not determine how severe the allergy is.
They did however want me to go get him tested for lead poisoning even though he had no risk for it. I don't get doctors sometimes. I decided not to make the trip to the hospital to get my baby poked for blood only so they can get some insurance money. Can you believe this scam??? And we wonder why health insurance cost so much.
On the good note... Titus had his first cup of soy milk and loved it! Now he just needs to learn to use a sippy cup! I helped him this time, but it was not spill proof and he was socked when we were done. I know he'll get it soon enough and I will miss these moments with him!
Oh yea... He's in the 50% tile with height and weight. 29 3/4 in. and 22pds
. 11oz. Healthy Boy!

More pictures of Titus's rashes.
So I told the doctor everything out of the normal that I was concerned with. The doctor really didn't think anything needed to be done about the itchy skin, the bad diaper rash, and a cluster of white spots on his nose (Doctor called it blocked pores that would be there a while).
So then I asked about Titus allergies. I have been trying to ween him on to milk. I noticed he continued getting a similar rash with welts on i
t. So I started paying more attention to what foods he had when he got this rash. My conclusion... milk, eggs, cheeses, and ice cream all gave him a rash. He only ate drops of some of these food before I would notice the rash. The day he had cheeses, he rubbed his eye and got a rash all around his eye and his eyeball was also red. So I told this all to the Doctor and brought pictures of Titus when he had the rash. Doctor wasn't to concerned about it. I was like well what should I feed him? Can I get him an allergy test? Do you have any more info on this? I never knew anyone with this kind of allergy, so I have been a little worried about what these foods might be doing to him on the inside when they give him this major rash on his skin. The Doctor told me to try soy milk and not to give him any foods that have milk and eggs in them. He gave me some soy formula to take home and try it.As far as the allergy test... he said there was no reason to get one right now. They don't give skin grafts to babies until they are 2. They could give him a blood test, but that would only determine that he is allergic and we already know that he is. It would not determine how severe the allergy is.
They did however want me to go get him tested for lead poisoning even though he had no risk for it. I don't get doctors sometimes. I decided not to make the trip to the hospital to get my baby poked for blood only so they can get some insurance money. Can you believe this scam??? And we wonder why health insurance cost so much.
On the good note... Titus had his first cup of soy milk and loved it! Now he just needs to learn to use a sippy cup! I helped him this time, but it was not spill proof and he was socked when we were done. I know he'll get it soon enough and I will miss these moments with him!
Oh yea... He's in the 50% tile with height and weight. 29 3/4 in. and 22pds
. 11oz. Healthy Boy!
More pictures of Titus's rashes.
1 comment:
ok! Soy milk....I will make sure to buy some for when he comes to visit. Thank the Lord no pokes and prods right now!
Post a Comment