Shopping and wrapping,
Shopping and wrapping,
Shopping and wrapping some more.
Decorating the Christmas tree,
Admiring the lights,
Cooking a feast that will last for a weak.
The day is finally here,
The one that we all have been waiting for.
Family and friends gather together,
Eating, talking, laughing, and eating some more.
Children are smiling from ear to ear,
As they open the gifts they have wished for all year.
We have always been told that it is better to give than to receive,
But is it really?
Planning all these festives for one day a year.
Giving gifts that may or may not be here next year.
I enjoy Christmas so much,
But it comes so slow and is over so quickly.
The good feeling of giving soon fades away.
So, I ask you again...
Is it really better to give than to receive?
There is a gift that I have been given that I could never repay.
Year after year it will always be here.
It will never be lost, break or be stolen away.
It will only grow stronger day after day.
It was the best gift that I have ever received,
Although I didn't realize I was in need.
It was not on my list,
Not even the bottom.
Just given out of love from my Heavenly Father above.
He was a baby in the manger who grew up so perfectly.
I knew he existed and I tried to live my life obediently.
I thought I could work my way to live with him some day.
God since has opened my eyes and has made me see,
just all the sin there is inside of me.
Baby Jesus in the manger soon grew to a man,
Teaching all of the world God's great plan.
He had my sin on his shoulders that day on Calvary,
Beaten and rejected,
yet he died willingly.
He rose from the grave
and a new life to me he gave.
Undeserving and unworthy,
God has a place for me with him in eternity.
Shopping and wrapping,
Shopping and wrapping some more.
Decorating the Christmas tree,
Admiring the lights,
Cooking a feast that will last for a weak.
The day is finally here,
The one that we all have been waiting for.
Family and friends gather together,
Eating, talking, laughing, and eating some more.
Children are smiling from ear to ear,
As they open the gifts they have wished for all year.
We have always been told that it is better to give than to receive,
But is it really?
Planning all these festives for one day a year.
Giving gifts that may or may not be here next year.
I enjoy Christmas so much,
But it comes so slow and is over so quickly.
The good feeling of giving soon fades away.
So, I ask you again...
Is it really better to give than to receive?
There is a gift that I have been given that I could never repay.
Year after year it will always be here.
It will never be lost, break or be stolen away.
It will only grow stronger day after day.
It was the best gift that I have ever received,
Although I didn't realize I was in need.
It was not on my list,
Not even the bottom.
Just given out of love from my Heavenly Father above.
He was a baby in the manger who grew up so perfectly.
I knew he existed and I tried to live my life obediently.
I thought I could work my way to live with him some day.
God since has opened my eyes and has made me see,
just all the sin there is inside of me.
Baby Jesus in the manger soon grew to a man,
Teaching all of the world God's great plan.
He had my sin on his shoulders that day on Calvary,
Beaten and rejected,
yet he died willingly.
He rose from the grave
and a new life to me he gave.
Undeserving and unworthy,
God has a place for me with him in eternity.
No comments:
Post a Comment